Infection Control and Covid-19
We understand that the Covid-19 pandemic has caused great concern in our community and we want to reassure you that we are taking additional measures to ensure the safety of your health when you visit us.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Some specific protocols that we are implementing include:
- Enhanced patient screening for sick patients.
- Scheduling for one hygiene patient and one doctor patient at a time.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations
- Installing a Medical Grade air purifier with ionizer that filters down to 0.1 microns, which includes many airborne pathogens, including Covid-19.
- Disinfecting surfaces (chairs, rooms, door knobs/handles) with medical grade cleaner between each patient appointment.
- Use of additional Personal Protective Equipment including face shields and headwear.
- Reducing aerosols through the use of the Dry-Shield technology.
Please let us know if you have any questions about our new infection control protocol. We are committed to your health and well-being.